Capcom's iconic fighting game is back with Street Fighter 6 coming to PlayStation, Xbox and PC June 2nd 2023
Whenever you think of fighting games, a few immediately come to mind, and I'd say Street Fighter is the first for most people. It's been over 7 years since the last instalment and I think fighting game fans are most certainly ready to jump back into Capcom's beloved series with Street Fighter 6.
Taking advantage of the RE Engine which has been serving Capcom extremely well since its inception in 2014 Street Fighter 6 is looking absolutely gorgeous in all the previews so far. This title is dripping with style and has just an absolutely slick and awesome aesthetic worthy of the Street Fighter name.
Of course, great visuals are a bonus but what makes a great fighting game is the mechanics so what is Street Fighter 6 shaking up this time around?
- Three new control types: Classic, Modern and Dynamic give players more ways to play to help players from all skill levels from beginner to pro
- Real Time Commentary Feature, hyping up your gameplay as if you're on the tournament stage whilst clarifying your own gameplay to help you improve
- Drive Gauge system. New meter-based gameplay system which adds a lot of customisation for each fighter. Can be spent in order to use special attacks such as parries and strikes which enhanced power; but use your Drive Gauge wisely else you can enter a burnout state giving you some pretty tough disadvantages.
- World Tour single-player story mode
- Head into online play with your own avatar and the battle hub. Here you can gather with other players challenging them as you head into online fights. We'd expect there to be a solid ELO and Skill-based matchmaking within this system. You can also jump in the arcade to play some Capcom classics!
Another important question with Street Fighter is what's the roster? So we're starting with a solid number of 18 fighters to pick and Capcom has already announced them all. There are plenty of fan favourites making their return and also some really awesome redesigns to go with the new aesthetic Street Fighter 6 is boasting. We'd expect plenty of DLC down the line for Street Fighter 6 adding more to the roster as time goes on but for now, this is a great selection:
- Dee Jay
- E. Honda